The FPI offers professional certification in financial behavior to financial professionals and mental health providers. Qualified individuals are eligible for certification as a Financial Behavior Specialist™ and use of the Financial Behavior Specialist™ and FBS™ designations
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a Regionally Accredited Institute of higher learning
- License, Registration, and/or Certification in financial planning and/or a mental health field
- Financial Behavior Educational Requirements
- Participation in 24-month Training & Consulting Program
- Demonstrated competency in 10 Core areas of financial behavior
- Competency can be demonstrated through FPI training/testing or equivalent course work completed at another institution (e.g. Kansas State University’s Certificate in Financial Therapy)
- Participation in a FPI Workshop
- Adherence to a “fiduciary standard” in interactions with clients and to follow the ethics code of either the CFP Board and/or American Psychological Association, depending on profession.
- 20 Hours of CEUs in approved courses related to financial behavior every 2 years, either through the FPI or other pre-approved providers
For further information or if you would like to be considered for membership, please contact Brenda Klontz.